Define – Align – Drive – Adopt – Sustain
Transformational Change Consulting
We live in a VUCA world as first described in 1987 by the U.S. Army War College. This acronym stands for Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity, which is being seen and felt within organizations around the world. Whether the change is big or small or driven by progress or disruption, it is inevitable, and only 30% of change initiatives within organizations get adopted.
Empower Health America helps organizations, leaders, teams, and individuals navigate the change process, and our 5 P Change Model™ provides a framework to make change adoption easier and possible.
Cultural Transformation using the 5 P Change Model™
- Pause – Clarity and awareness are crucial
- Process – Collaboration and assessment are essential
- Plan – Implementation and alignment are vital
- Pivot – Action and agility are critical
- Proceed – Inspection and adoption are key
1. Pause – does not mean the suspension of action, but rather the intentional focus on the current state to identify what needs to be adjusted or changed, and why. Clarity and awareness is crucial
2. Process – Identify challenges and ideate options and solutions. Collaboration and assessment are essential
3. Plan – jointly design action plan to support desired change and identify potential barriers. Implementation plan and alignment are vital
4. Pivot – Adjust direction by initiating action, and course-correct as needed along the way. Action and agility are critical
5. Proceed – Fully deploy action plan for sustainability to support change. Inspection and adoption are key
The 5 P Change Model™ provides structure to the change process but change is not linear, so expect to revisit steps in the process.
- Success metrics: individual, team, leadership, and organization
2. Reward process: individual, team, leadership, and stakeholders
The 5 P Change Model™ is used to create the sustainability plan.